Home » Horizon2020 - EarthServer 2
Horizon2020 - EarthServer 2
EarthServer-2 is a Horizon 2020 project that makes Agile Analytics on Big Earth Data Cubes of sensor, image, simulation, and statistics data a commodity for non-experts and experts alike through:
- navigation, extraction, aggregation, and recombining of any-size space/time data cubes;
- easy to install & maintain value-adding services extending the existing portfolio of data and compute centers;
- based on open standards, in particular: the OGC Big Data standards and the forthcoming ISO SQL/MDA (“Multi-Dimensional Arrays”) standard.
EarthServer-2 will maintain and extend the lead in Big Earth Data services established in the highly successful EarthServer-1 project. Being already supported by ESA, rasdaman will form an enabling building block for COPERNICUS / Sentinel.
The partners forming project's consortium are as follows:
- Jacobs University Brehmen GGMBH - DE (JUB)
- Rasdaman GMBH - DE (RAS)
- Plymouth Marine Laboratory - UK (PML)
- European Center for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts -UK (ECMWF)
- Meteorological Environmental Earth Observation -IT (MEEO)
- Communication & Information Technologies Experts S.A. -GR (CITE)
As unfunded members two world-wide renown organizations :
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration - US (NASA)
- National Computational Infrastructure - AUS (NCI)
Project's duration is 36 months.
CITE is participating EarthServer 2 as one of the core technology providers covering the fields of WCPS2.0 query language definitions and extension as well as several enabling technologies.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 654367