Home » Web Designer Position
Web Designer Position
This is a job opportunity for a web designer with experience in designing and handling modern web content management systems (CMS).
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work in an inclusive innovation led environment, activating at national and international level.
For examining a candidate's application, it is required that a project portfolio is provided and its samples are accessible by the candidates' evaluation team.
Qualifications and skills
Fundamental qualifications / skills:
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5 / CSS.
- Good knowledge of customisation and configuration for Drupal (version 8 or 9).
- At least two (2) years of experience on the field.
- Knowledge of open source design and drawing platforms.
- Experience in design of responsive, mobile-friendly web sites.
Desired qualifications / skills
- Highest education degree specializing on Informatics (Bachelor's or Master's).
- Excellent knowledge of MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
Appreciated qualifications / skills:
- Certifications in technologies of relevance.
- Programming knowledge of PHP or other platforms.
- Ability to take initiative on everyday activities.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Fulfilled military obligations (for Greek male candidates only).
- Excellent written and spoken use of the English and Greek languages.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to collaborate in small or large management and implementation groups.
- Problem solving skills.
Selected candidates may be subject to one or more tests to verify their skill level on technologies they declare to be competent in.
Depending on candidate's availability and skills:
- Full-time employment.
- Part-time employment.
- Per-project contract.
- Fixed salary that depends on experience and skills.
- Extra rewards for productivity and diligence.
The position refers to CITE’s offices in the following areas:
- Athens, Attiki, Greece.
Exceptionally, for the particular position, the following options may be offered:
- Sparta, Laconia, Greece.
- Remote work.
What's in it for you
- You can choose Athens or Sparta as work location.
- Competitive salary depending on experience and competences.
- Diligence and productivity-based additional rewards.
- Educational expenses for training or certifications; anything to help you develop.
- Career development.
- Inclusive culture that values diversity.
- Innovation-led environment.
- Team bonding activities.
...and coffee is on us!
Communication & Information Technologies Experts SA (CITE) is a Software Experts' Agency operating in the domain of ICT systems engineering, research and consulting in a wide range of business sectors, including among others Banking, Financial Management / Accounting, Information Security, Smart Agriculture, Culture, Education, Serious Games, e-government, Open Science, Infrastructure & Asset Management, Techno-economics etc.
With 3 offices in Athens and Sparta and a team of 30+ highly skilled and committed software engineers, the company designs, develops and supports large scale ICT systems utilising state-of-the-art technologies. CITE’s work and synergies target large organizations, governmental entities, multinational companies and consortia.
Besides the commercial sector, CITE activates in industrial research and innovation, designing and implementing cutting edge solutions for cloud and distributed infrastructures, information retrieval, (big/textual) data management, specialized simulation and modelling, (distributed) data analysis, processing and visualization, etc.
- Backend services: .NetCore (C#) (Spring Framework, MVC etc.) / Java / [PHP]
- Mobile application development: Java / Objective C / Swift & cross platform (Xamarin / React Native)
- SQL & NoSQL data stores: Microsoft SQL Server/ PostGreSQL / MySQL / Elastic Search/ MongoDB etc.
- Distributed platforms / analytics: Hadoop / Spark
- Security: SSO protocols, AAI
- Geospatial data management and visualization: OpenLayers / OpenGIS / GeoServer / Mapserver / WMS-WCS-WCPS-WPS-CSW etc.
Procedures & Terms regarding your application
Applicants should submit their expressions of interest to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regarding the procedure and the terms for expressing candidate's interest in a position, please read the related document that you can find here.
NOTICE: Submission of expression of interest assumes acceptance of the terms that accompany this announcement.